We are all about supercharging tech-based businesses. But make no mistake – software development is just a part of what we do at Startup House. Our mission is to deliver all-around support for startups at all stages of development.
Our Management Team is expanding and looking for fresh blood – we’re currently looking for a Head of Development who will help us run the development department and build amazing products for startups.
How can you grow with us?
- You’re going to manage a team of talented Team Leaders in Development, in order to establish the best quality of development on the market,
- As a company, we’re not only working on products for our customers, but we’re also building our own products and you can be a part of it,
- You’re going to be a leader in defining the best practices, newest technologies, user-centric approach and everything that creates a great development culture.
- You’re going to lead the Development department at Startup House, managing a team of 3–5 Team Leaders, with 25+ developers on board, and a team doubled / tripled in size in the future,
- Together with the management team, you will develop and execute a strategy for the team to meet the company’s goals and objectives, and to improve our current standards,
- You will be responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it’s in line with the company strategy and lean startup methodology,
- You will be responsible for analysing current technological trends and proposing directions towards which the company should go,
- Culture is key, as a top manager in the Development department you will help to create and maintain a top development culture within the team,
- As a technological expert you’re going to support our Sales team in discussions with key customers.
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of experience as a developer,
- 3+ years of experience as a development manager (preferably experience in managing other managers / team leaders),
- Preferably, you were a CTO / HoD of your own startup or were a senior development manager in a Software House or Agency.
- Senior-level software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience,
- Good knowledge of React and Node.js with NestJS, Express, Koa / Hapi / others,
- Experience working with RESTful web services, GraphQL, gRPC,
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases,
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code,
- Good understanding of design patterns,
- Experience with large-scale, high traffic applications,
- Experience with deploying production ready Node applications.
- You should be an experienced leader, able to motivate others, understand their needs and individualism, and be able to connect company goals with people’s aspirations,
- You need to have experience of managing, directing and motivating teams to deliver projects with a dedicated scope and budget,
- You need to be highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce a top quality strategy, and have the skills to make it work,
- You should be proactive and highly organized so you’re able to manage all aspects of your role.
- You should be diplomatic and tactful, with a high understanding of how new ideas are introduced and implemented, and how to manage the change,
- You should have experience in advising key stakeholders at senior and board level.
- At least C1 in English – we work internationally, so that’s a must,
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills – we’re a team and we want you to be a part of it!
- Ability and will to share your knowledge with more junior members of the team,
- Proactive attitude towards implementing changes,
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for new technologies and startups!
- Experience with Cloud solutions – GCP / AWS / Azure,
- Any other programming languages and frameworks.
- As a senior manager at SDH, you’re going to have an opportunity to gain a shares package, as key part of your remuneration,
- Private healthcare package,
- Flexible working hours and up to 5 days of remote work,
- Best devices (we work on MacBooks),
- Multisport card possibilities,
- Fun, dynamic, start-up environment
Write to us, call us, join us and let's make some startups grow!